Been having a tough time trying to find my way. I feel like there are so many areas of my life that have to be worked on, my health, housekeeping, parenting, being a wife....
I know that all these things are inter related because they are all things that I must be but I am struggling with just being overwhelmed. I do not know how to start.
The other day the kids were saying it would be great if we had a robot to do all our chores and the things we do not want to do. I was day dreaming about that. It occurred to me that in the past, people worked much harder than we do today. They got up, carried water, wood, scrubbed clothes by hand, raised much of their food in gardens maintained by hand, took care of their animals and cooked their food from scratch. They rarely or never had days to do nothing. Yet they had better relationships with family and friends as many times they worked together to harvest and can their food or to make a quilt. And they were healthier than we are today for eating better food and physical exercise of daily life.
I wish I could get my life to a more simple place. A place where I was proud of the work that I do to care for my family and home instead of just tired and overwhelmed and just plain whiny about the things that I need to do. Lord Jesus, please help me to have a grateful heart and to learn and do the things that I am made to do with a happy heart.
Saturday, May 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment