Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Stressed and tired
I am so tired of being frustrated with the kids. I told the mother of the little boy I babysit after school that I have about had it. This may be the last week or month that I can watch him. I can't take much more. I am either going to quit or he needs to be a new child. I should not have to threaten to call his mom every single day. I shouldn't get frustrated to the point that I do with him. It is hard because with my own children when they disobey an established rule or ignore a new instruction, I can deal with them promptly and effectively. I don't have the same response from him. He ignores my instruction, when I tell him to sit, he disreguards that too. I have to physically go get him and place him on the couch. (I can not send him to any one's room to calm down because of how destructive he is.) Then the entire time is a huge, ugly ordeal. I am so done with this. Next time I agree to babysit, I will talk to the parent more about how they parent, how the child responds, and if the child has any restrictions as to content that they watch on tv (this obviously has an effect on this little boy, violent cops and robbers games, explict jokes and stories, foul langauge........)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment